Do you want your instrument to be better than new?
If you are looking at this page, then you are probably concerned that your instrument is not functioning properly! What is your clarinet teacher always telling you is the key to better technique? Lighter finger pressure! Our clarinet technique will always be better with lighter finger pressure. The issue is that the condition of your clarinet can greatly decrease your ability to be successful. When our clarinets are leaking and in disrepair our natural tendency is to squeeze harder to make it work, which leads to poor technique. Over time this adds a lot of wear on the pads and corks. Clarinets need to be serviced regularly! At Clarinets by Copeland, we recommend annual service for professionals and students. This annual service keeps your instrument in “better than new” condition when you need it the most!
What are the services offered at Clarinets by Copeland?
Annual Full Cleaning: (2 to 4 hours plus supplies)
- A full comprehensive servicing of your clarinet. The instrument is fully disassembled, rods and hinge tubes are cleaned, bore and tone holes are cleaned, tenon corks and adjustment corks are checked (replaced as needed), all pads are individually checked and leveled (replaced as needed), spring tensions are checked/adjusted, any rust build up is removed from the entire instrument, body/bore is polished, keys are cleaned (hand polishing can be added), instrument is assembled, regulated, and play tested by a professional clarinetist and clarinet repair specialist.
General Adjustment/Emergency Repairs (FREE to 1 hour)
- Sometimes you do not need a full cleaning, but your instrument is still not operating correctly! Whether your tenon corks are too tight, maybe your tenons are sticking because you have a new instrument that has never been adjusted, possibly just a pad fell out. . .at Clarinets by Copeland, we are here for you! Yes, you saw that right! A quick adjustment that only takes a few minutes will often not cost you a thing!
Full Mechanical Overhaul (7 – 10 hours plus supplies)
- This will truly make your instrument better than new! Every key on your clarinet is mechanically fit, the keys are buffed to new, all key corks and tenon corks are replaced, and all pads are replaced! You also have pad choices for the upper joint (Cork, skin, masters)
Other repairs are on a case by case basis.
- Crack repair
- Logo Restoration
- Hand Polishing
- Beveled cork pads
- Pin installed into register pad for venting
- and MORE!
Do you work on ALL clarinets, and what brands do you work on?
- ALL is correct! We believe in the family at Clarinets by Copeland, and we work on the whole family of clarinets! Even the ugly cousin, the ALTO! In all seriousness, at C by C we work on low C bass clarinets, contra bass clarinets, all the way to Eb clarinets. No instrument is too big or too small as long as it is a clarinet!
- You may have seen that I sell only used Buffet clarinets! While I only sell Buffet clarinets, I work on ALL the major brands of clarinets! Some of those include; Backun, Selmer, Yamaha, Buffet, and Uebel.
Customer Information Form CLICK HERE
** PLEASE SEND THIS WITH YOUR CLARINET WHEN SHIPPING TO THE SHOP
(*NEW shop address coming soon!)
**ALL REPAIRS ARE SCHEDULED WITH AN APPOINTMENT SO YOU KNOW WHEN YOU WILL BE WITHOUT YOUR INSTRUMENT.
SHOP HOURS ARE BY APPT. ONLY AT THIS TIME. PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL ME TO SET UP AN APPOINTMENT.